Who we are & what we do
Deanshanger Parish Council consists of 13 Councillors who serve for a four year term. All Councillors reside within the Parish and are holders of a public office.
The Parish Office is located at The Old School House, 3 Hayes Road, Deanshanger, MK19 6HP.
Council Meetings - see the diary of meetings for more information.
For further information relating to the services offered by the Parish Council please contact the Parish Office who will be happy to give advice and assistance.
...to promote Deanshanger as a pleasant place to live and work
The Parish Council aims to:
- be transparent, and informative on village matters by all appropriate means
- understand the needs of residents, and to seek to address these needs within the resources and powers available
- give value for money for the services and facilities provided by the Council to the village community
- preserve open spaces for the enjoyment of all and ensure that there are adequate leisure and recreational opportunities that meet local requirements
- encourage the preservation, promotion and conservation of natural environment
- promote the saving of energy and to use resources in a manner which aims to achieve the best economic value
- encourage all to participate in activities beneficial to the community, especially in those areas which promote inclusivity and cohesion
Parish Council Elections
Our Councillors are elected or co-opted. If you would like to become a Councillor or find out more about what they do then please have a look at the attached document.
We currently Have 2 vacancies on the council which can be filled by co-option.
The 2020 elections have been postponed until May 2021 due to the Covid 19 crisis
Alternatively please contact the clerk who will be happy to help.
Elections, 2015 Notice (PDF, 589 Kb)
2015 Election Notice.
Our committees have specific tasks and can have delegated powers.
Deanshanger Parish Council Standing Orders
We have one member of staff and a village technician that work together to deliver the range of services we provide.
We also engage a maintenance contractor to maintain the grass and hedges throughout the village.
The Clerk can be contacted through our office on 01908 566373 or email@example.com
Your other local representatives
West Northamptonshire Council
Member of Parliament