Can you stand for election
Anyone can stand for election providing they are eligible.
Am I eligible?
- Has to be over 18
- A British, EU or eligible Commonwealth citizen
AND any 1 of the below
- Registered to vote in Deanshanger Parish
- Have lived in or within 3 miles of Deanshanger Parish for 12 months
- Principle place of work has been in Deanshanger Parish for 12 months
- Owner or tenant within Deanshanger Parish for 12 months
For more detailed information please see the attached document.
Can you stand for election (PDF, 196 Kb)
Eligibility for local elections