• Council Services (PDF, 535 Kb)

    A list of what Deanshanger Parish Council is responsible for.

Deanshanger Parish Council provides your local services (see attached document).

We strive to make Deanshanger a better place to live, work and play.

Our website includes a wealth of information about how we conduct business and what we do. Use the search or browse the site to find whatever you are looking for. If you can't find the information you require then please contact us: email: clerk@deanshangerpc.com or telephone on 01908 566373

You can also reach us on Facebook and Twitter by using the buttons on the right hand side of our home page.

For a list of Useful Telephone numbers please look at the back page of our newsletters, copies of which can be viewed here. Alternatively please click here.

Latest News

Interested in joining our Joint Independent Audit Committee? Police & OPFCC

Posted: Wed, 17 Apr 2019 11:22 by Teresa Floyd

The Opportunity

The OPFCC and the Chief Constable of Northamptonshire Police are recruiting new members to join their Joint Independent Audit Committee. The Committee provides independent advice and assurance on the governance of the OPFCC, Northamptonshire Police and the Northamptonshire Commissioner Fire and Rescue Authority. More »

Successful applicants will receive training and an annual allowance of £3,000. Further information and how to apply can be found in the attached documents.

The closing date for applications is 5pm on 10 May 2019. » Less

Blocking off Buckingham road to through traffic.

Posted: Fri, 01 Mar 2019 09:24 by Teresa Floyd

Excess traffic through Deanshanger.

It has come to the attention of Deanshanger Parish Council that some parishioners are concerned about the amount of traffic that is coming off of the A422 and cutting through Deanshanger. More »

The Parish Council have received 2 requests for further action.

There is a strict procedure in place to get a road closed and this is detailed below:

  1. A petition of at least 10% of the electorate has to be obtained. Current electorate is 4977 therefore the petition needs at least 497 signatures.
  2. The signatures will have to be checked against the electoral register to confirm they are all eligible.
  3. Clerk will then put to Full Council
  4. Full Council will need to decide if they support the petition and to want to make a by-law. The bye-law will also mean a change in traffic regulations.
  5. If Full Council support the petition, they need to approach County Councillor to take forward.
  6. The County Councillor will then review the petition and if in support he will take to the Scrutiny Committee at Northants County Council
  7. If the Scrutiny Committee disagree, that will be the end of it and the costs incurred will not be refunded. If they agree they will only go ahead if the Parish Council agree to paying and additional costs in implementing this by-law. (Costs unknown at this moment)

This whole process will likely take up to 18 months and there will be no physical barrier just signs. There is no regulation that will allow a public Highway to be physically blocked off.

In view of the procedure above Deanshanger Parish Council has acknowledged that there are concerns and await the receipt of a petition signed by at least 497 people who are registered to vote on the electoral register for Deanshanger.

The petition must be specific in what is required and names and addresses must be supplied.

If you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact the clerk at clerk@deanshangerpc.com » Less

New Bus Timetable

Posted: Tue, 26 Feb 2019 09:50 by Teresa Floyd

Britannia Bus have reviewed the operation of services 89 and X89, which as stated below commenced on 7th January.

As a result the company will be introducing the following commercial (non-subsidised) timetable from Monday 8th April on service 89. Furthermore service X89 will cease operation from the same date. More »

Britannia Bus intend to reroute the service within Yardley Gobion, whereby all journeys would serve the bus shelter and all journeys after 0930 would operate via Chestnut Road, Hortonsfield Road and Moorend Road. If you wish to comment on this proposal then Derek Taylor, General Manager has asked that you please email him at dstaylor@britannia.bus.co.uk and copy me in.

Finally, Paulerspury and Pury End will retain public transport through TADD (Towcester Area Door to Door service), whilst Stagecoach will continue to operate between Towcester and Northampton via Blisworth and Milton Malsor. » Less