Council Services (PDF, 509 Kb)
A list of what Deanshanger Parish Council is responsible for.
Deanshanger Parish Council provides your local services (see attached document).
To make the village the best it can be, for all residents, to live and work
- Strive to understand the needs of the residents and organisations within the parish, respect their views, seek to address these needs within the resources and powers available, always for the majority.
- Communicate in a positive, transparent and cordial manner through all media available, encouraging residents to engage with life in the village and the decisions that affect it
Strive to provide best value for money and high-quality services and facilities where they are within our remit and fight for the village to receive them when they are provided by others.
- Preserve, develop and support leisure and community activities and facilities, including open spaces and natural environments which are practical, affordable and desirable
- To build a sense of community, village spirit, togetherness and inclusiveness through all our actions
- Be committed to sustainable and environmentally friendly policies and actions including minimising waste, saving energy and promoting recycling.
Our website includes a wealth of information about how we conduct business and what we do. Use the search or browse the site to find whatever you are looking for. If you can't find the information you require then please contact us: email: email@example.com or telephone on 01908 566373
You can also reach us on Facebook by using the buttons on the right hand side of our home page.
Deanshanger Parish Council is not responsible for street repairs and these should be reported to Northamptonshire Highways via Fix me Street. You can use the button on the right hand side.
For a list of Useful Telephone numbers please click here.
Posted: Fri, 09 Apr 2021 16:12 by Teresa Floyd
PARISH ELECTIONSThe nomination forms are in and due to only 11 candidates putting themselves forward for election, there will be an uncontested election.Your parish councillors for the new term are as follows:Alan DottMartyn HallPaul HammondAlan HollowayMartin MullanMary PerieraRod RodrigoAmy SearleStephanie SpencerAnne ThompsonLouis TrupiaThis leave 2 seats available on the Parish Council
Posted: Fri, 09 Apr 2021 16:07 by Teresa Floyd
In line with the Royal Household's wishes, we are requesting that residents of North Northamptonshire avoid laying floral tributes.
Therefore Deanshanger Parish Council have laid a wreath on behalf of Deanshanger Residents. More »
While we understand that many will wish to pay their respects, it is important that we continue to abide by ongoing COVID-19 guidance, so gatherings of any kind are not advised as public safety remains our priority even at this sad time.
As outlined by the Government, there will be no physical books of condolence, so we are signposting everyone to the Royal Household's website where a virtual condolence book has been launched.
We would like to thank everyone for their patience and understanding in these matters. » Less
Posted: Fri, 12 Mar 2021 14:19 by Teresa Floyd
Easter Activity Guide