Council Services (PDF, 509 Kb)
A list of what Deanshanger Parish Council is responsible for.
Deanshanger Parish Council provides your local services (see attached document).
To make the village the best it can be, for all residents, to live and work
- Strive to understand the needs of the residents and organisations within the parish, respect their views, seek to address these needs within the resources and powers available, always for the majority.
- Communicate in a positive, transparent and cordial manner through all media available, encouraging residents to engage with life in the village and the decisions that affect it
Strive to provide best value for money and high-quality services and facilities where they are within our remit and fight for the village to receive them when they are provided by others.
- Preserve, develop and support leisure and community activities and facilities, including open spaces and natural environments which are practical, affordable and desirable
- To build a sense of community, village spirit, togetherness and inclusiveness through all our actions
- Be committed to sustainable and environmentally friendly policies and actions including minimising waste, saving energy and promoting recycling.
Our website includes a wealth of information about how we conduct business and what we do. Use the search or browse the site to find whatever you are looking for. If you can't find the information you require then please contact us: email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone on 01908 566373
You can also reach us on Facebook by using the buttons on the right hand side of our home page.
Deanshanger Parish Council is not responsible for street repairs and these should be reported to Northamptonshire Highways via Fix me Street. You can use the button on the right hand side.
For a list of Useful Telephone numbers please click here.
Posted: Tue, 02 Nov 2021 12:48 by Teresa Floyd
Deanshanger Flood UpdateFollowing last year's devastating flooding in the village, Deanshanger Parish Council has worked hard to try and get the causes established, get the responsible agencies to take action that will mitigate future incidents and to build our community's resilience. We have had several successes and are still fighting to resolve some issues. Click on the link below for an update
Posted: Tue, 28 Sep 2021 12:02 by Teresa Floyd
They want to hear your views on the issues and opportunities on motorways and major A-roads in England.The closet road identified in the survey is the A5 roundabout at Old Stratford. This causes the congestion for residents of Deanshanger in the mornings.The more people who complete this survey and complain about this roundabout, the more chance something will be done.